The following are programs and organizations that assist pregnant and parenting young women/parents who can help with:
- Free pregnancy tests
- Information on pregnancy & abortion
- Counselling (Free & Confidential)
- Clothing & housing
- Financial assistance
- Referrals for adoption & foster care
- Medical care & legal assistance
Beginnings Counselling and Adoption Services of Ontario, Inc.,
offers crisis pregnancy counselling and adoption services at its head office at:
1 Young Street, Suite 308, Hamilton, ON L8N 1T8
Toll Free: 1.877.528.-6665
Click to Email
Beginnings also provides services at pregnancy care centres in:
St. Martin’s Manor (Hamilton)
500 Mohawk Rd West
Hours: 24 hours a day
St. Martin’s Manor is a residential home and support centre for pregnant and parenting young women.
- Young women can live at the Manor during their pregnancies and for three months after they have given birth.
- Young women can visit for day programs if they choose not to live in the residence.
- Those in residence and in day programs gain:
– access to regular medical care
– pre-natal classes to prepare for birth
– parenting classes after the baby is born
– an on-site classroom for high-school credits.
Outreach workers offer support to pregnant teens and teens caring for their babies by meeting with them in places where the teens can feel safe and comfortable, such as secondary schools, health clinics, youth shelter, drop-in centres and food banks.
Family home visitors work with teens who are pregnant or caring for their children through a Healthy Babies Healthy Children Program.
Other organizations assisting pregnant women in our surrounding area include: